Applications for Chapter 115 Public Assistance benefits can be filed with the Veterans‘ Agent. Lee’s Veterans’ Agent is Doug Mann, a 14 year Navy veteran. His office is in the Airoldi Building (across from the Post Office parking lot).
If you are not a Lee resident, here's how to find your Agent:
- See the Department of Veterans’ Services website in Massachusetts.
- Call your local city/town hall and ask for Veterans' Services.
- Or, call the Department of Veterans’ Services, 617-210-5480 and ask for your Veterans’ Agent name and contact information.
Examples of documents needed for application (speak to your Veterans’ Agent for a full list of documents required)
- DD214 or other discharge certificate
- Income verification (pay stubs, award letters or other documents showing monthly income)
- Shelter verification (rent receipt or mortgage payment)
To Establish Relationship as a Veteran's Dependent:
- Marriage certificate (for spouse or widow/widower of a veteran)
- Birth certificate or adoption record with name of eligible veteran as parent (for each child of a veteran who will also receive benefits)
- Death certificate (for widow/widower of a veteran, child of deceased veteran)
- Birth certificate of veteran with name of parent (for parent of a veteran)
- Public record or statements from the veteran or other knowledgeable people, showing that the applicant stood in place of a parent to the veteran for five years immediately preceding the veteran's wartime service (for person in place of a parent to a veteran)
All documents should be brought to Veterans’ Service office at the time of application.